Slange Var uses a little honey made from Scottish bees. These amazing creatures pollinate our plants, and are vital for our food supply. The decline of the honey bee population has been attributed to pollution, pesticides and climate change. This is why our first customers are being offered a small packet of wild flower seeds especially suited to the Scottish environment. Once the seeds grow into beautiful flowers, they’ll provide the essential nectar that bees require to survive.
The bee mix contains:
- Bush Vetch – Vicia cracca
- Devil’s-bit scabious – Succisa pratensis
- Rock Rose – Helianthemum nummularium
- Viper’s bugloss – Echium vulgare
- Toadflax – Linaria vulgaris
Our thanks to Keep Scotland Beautiful for supplying these seed packs.